Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A few thoughts...

Everybody start your countdown- the White Sox home opener is fast approaching! April 2 7:05 PM I will be cheering as my boys defeat the Cleveland Indians. If you're not lucky enough to have tickets, you can watch the game on ESPN2 and look for me in the crowd. Also, in case you were wondering, I did take Monday off of work. I am 100% committed to celebrating my team!

Vickie, one of the nurses I work with, told me today that I'm doing a great job and that they couldn't have asked for a better replacement. Grin.

Ladies, you may be wondering how Oliver rated on the date the other night. I only graded Charles since he was the one who asked me and Julie out in the first place. But since Oliver was there, I realized it was only fair that he be graded as well. You'll be pleased to know that Oliver earned an A, as evidenced by Julie's point system (those paper tablecloths are so handy!) In fact, there were a few moments when Oliver had more points than Charles but they evened out at the end. So if you're in need of a good man, look no further than Oliver or Charles. I am proud to recommend them as excellent daters.

I think I have one of the best small groups in the world! We met tonight and had another great discussion. I'm so glad that they let me fumble my way through leading. Seriously, there are nights where I know it is only through God's grace that we get anything accomplished. That's how you know for sure that it's all about Him, and not at all about you. Especially when studying Philippians and talking about guarding your thoughts...I may or may not have said "Thoughts are such tricky little bastards." Hmmm, maybe not the best wording but I hope there's some truth to that!

No comments: