Thursday, May 04, 2006

For the love of the team

For the past week and a half I've been struggling with allergies and fighting off a cold all while trying to see my patients. It's been fun. This morning I did all my visits and I'll spend the afternoon typing my notes (there might be time for one more visit but we'll see how I feel.) The beauty of the situation is that while I'm typing my notes, I can have the Sox game on in the background. My wonderful friend Jill is lucky enough to be sitting in box seats today. Pretty much I'm jealous!

There are many reasons why I love my White Sox. One of the first things people learn about me is that #1) I'm a Sox fan and #2) I like to eat (shout out to TM!). The fact is, even if they hadn't won the World Series last year, I would still love my guys. It's a quality team, no doubt about it. I love the fact that whenever I see the beautiful trophy, watch a Grinder Ball rules commercial, or a video montage, I still get the chills and feel happy and excited all over again. I got teary eyed during the Home Opener. All those years of believing in my team when they never got the respect they deserved were finally justified when the Sox not only won the World Series, they swept the World Series. And I believe they can do it again! After all, they are currently the #1 team with a 19-8 record. The t-shirt is true: I am feeling pretty good about things these days. I know this is a sore subject for supporters of a certain team that shall remain nameless. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds. In spite of your teams current standings, remember that it's early in the season, anything could happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the Sox blow everyone else out of the water. I just hope to be a light to those who remain rooted in the dark side. Like Grinder Ball Rule #9 says: Be realistic. Expect miracles.

No comments: