Monday, August 14, 2006

This is what refreshed feels like


My weekend camping was amazing! The weather was perfect, Lake Geneva was beautiful, and I had a blast with my friends. I was completely in my element. There's just something about the outdoors, you know? It was nice to just relax and let the day unwind. We walked through uncharted forest, hit the beach, roasted marshmallows, played Rumikub, frisbee, and bags, and just generally enjoyed each other's company. The best part? I was the Funny Friend this weekend! I know I have moments where I'm funny but that's typically not my role- I'm usually the Good Listener or the White Sox fan, to list a couple of the usual suspects. For whatever reason, my friends thought I was hillarious. I'm pretty sure that I'll need to be the Funny Friend for the rest of my life now; I just can't go back. It's good to come back feeling refreshed and free of all my stress. I was reminded of how God has been taking care of me all along and got some good insights on how to handle my current circumstances. And to top it all off, the Sox swept the Tigers! Could life be any better?


My tent buddy Danielle, Lexie and Danielle give into their Starbucks craving, Brooke and Lauren keep the fire alive, Lauren and I contemplate our next Rumikub move

5 comments:

derfman said...

Being the Funny Friend is better than being the Made Fun Of Friend, which happens to be my role in groups. What the heck is the game "bags"? Tossing beanbags?

HopefulLSW said...

I didn't know that the Made Fun of Friend role existed. Bags is tossing beanbags. I did OK for a beginner. Brooke and I were about even as far as scoring went.

the dreamer said...

Ummmmm ...

Speaking of fandom status (since we all haunt the same blogs) ... how do you not know what bags is, derfman? I realize that people who live in the city might not tailgate at Sox games as much as those who live farther out, but shouldn't all Sox fans know that ... that's what you do when you tailgate at the Cell?

I thought it was a Chicago thing, but maybe it's more of a small town or suburban Illinois thing, Cell aside? I feel like people are always playing at summer parties and BBQs.

(Sorry derfman, if I just validated your point that you're the made-fun-of friend. I always thought you were the friend with ridiculously soft hands.)

derfman said...

I know what beanbag toss is... I just never head of it referred to simply as "bags" before.

the dreamer said...

Yeah. Most people I know just call it bags. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Go Joe! (Crede)