Monday, August 28, 2006

We won, eh!

Brooke and I had an amazing time at the game yesterday! Not only did we beat the Twins 6-1 , Buehrle pitched up until the 8th inning and Pierzynski, Crede, and Uribe hit homers. Fantastic! It seems like Mark just might be getting his groove back. We were all thrilled to see him to do so well- and gave him a standing ovation to tell him so. There was a shocking amount of Twins fans in the stands, some of whom brought brooms along. I couldn't help but cheer when a Sox fan stole one of the brooms and broke it in half. Take that! Brooke and I were a huge hit with the crowd in the bleachers, from our sign to our tank tops and yes, even our cheers. Our tank tops usually get a compliment or two but yesterday it seemed the whole world noticed and appreciated. It was nice. Everyone LOVED the Tadahito cheer. But how could they not? He's a star player without the star attitude. We were the Super Fans of the day and life was good. It's crazy to think of the season drawing to an end. I only have 2 more games to go, not including post-season. And yes, there will be a post-season for the White Sox!

Last night I headed over to Mark and Erin's for movie night. I hadn't been able to go to movie night before so I deemed myself the Guest of Honor (Erin agreed.) We watched Strange Brew which I hadn't seen in a few years. It's still funny but I think it might have been funnier if we'd been playing drinking games. Donna told me her friends used to take a drink anytime a character said "eh." That, my friends, is insane. We just made do with a beer apiece and lots of chocolate chip cookies. There's just nothing like Canadian drinking humor. What I'm taking away from the movie: trying to incorporate "eh" and "take off" into my everyday vocabulary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made it on the blog! i made it on the blog! woo woo! -dh

kibeebs said...

so i don't know if you got to read carlye's last LONGEST BLOG IN THE WORLD!! but it was SOOOO good and almost exactly how i feel. So great. Just wanted to share...