Sunday, August 20, 2006

White Sox aren't the only team in town

Today I took in a Kane County Cougars game, compliments of an employee appreciation promotion. Charles and Paul were along for the ride and even though the Cougars ultimately lost 6-5, it was a very enjoyable afternoon. The weather was perfect, although the sunburn on my shoulders might disagree. It was also nice just to watch a baseball game and not really care who won. I mean, it would have been nice if the Cougars had won but it's not as life-or-death the way the Sox games have been lately. Sometimes I get overly emotional when watching my favorite team. Anyway, Charles and Paul proved to be excellent company. Good times.

On a side note, I'm finally watching the Rocky movies. I've made it through the first three and they keep getting better. After I watch 4 and 5, I'm moving on to the Godfather trilogy and Lord of the Rings. How is it possible that I've never seen any of these classic movies? I'm still not sure but I'm trying to make up for lost time.

Other highlights from this weekend: hanging out with the Gat and Jill until the wee hours of the morning, grabbing breakfast with my good friend Christy, exploring Hawkins Circle, and watching Rocky 2 and 3. Plus I was on call for 24 hours and did not get called out!

1 comment:

the Gat said...

you didn't watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy either? Duuuuuude.