Thursday, September 28, 2006

What Dreams Are Made Of

Insomnia has been back again lately, probably due to stress from work. Our census is at an all time high and I'm struggling to even seem like I'm staying on top of my caseload. The flipside is that I have some wonderful new patients and I'm getting to do bereavement work with children. Tuesday night I actually fell asleep pretty quickly and had an interesting dream which I've chosen to share for the sake of randomness.

In the dream, I was pregnant. The father of the child was Mike MacDougal only he looked more like Jon Garland (with red hair) and for whatever reason, he was wearing Thome's jersey. I'm not sure if we were married or not but we were very in love. In spite of all this, I was asked to lead a college dance class. I went to the first day of class completely unprepared- I hadn't even choreographed our first number- but I bluffed my way through warm up exercises and fended off an annoying girl's question about what the final would be. Thanks to my final for modern dance at lovely Augustana College, I already knew the answer: students have to choreograph a dance exploring emotion to one minute from a song of their choice. In my case, Sarah MacLachlan's "Winter" which I made up on the spot, ironically the teacher and fellow classmates were in awe of my dancing prowess and the emotions I "chose to explore." Enough of real life, back to the dream...after leading dance class I headed over to the local grocery store, which apparently is in a small town and owned by my father. He was getting ready for the store's anniversary cook out. I was going to sale price some Ruffles potato chips- they have ridges, you know- but I realized we were going to use them all for the cook out and thought that the Lays potato chips should be on sale instead. The end.

In other news, I have been receiving condolences all week over the death of the White Sox' post season dreams. To make matters worse, on Wednesday I went to my parents house to pick up my mail only to see that my American League Championship Series tickets had arrived. And I will NEVER be able to use them!

4 comments:

the Gat said...

I LOVE Ruffles.

HopefulLSW said...

I know! My favorites are the Cheddar and Sour Cream. Positively addicting!

the Gat said...

I think they have them in the baked version, so, it gives the illusion of healthy snacking. Who am I kidding.

kibeebs said...

thanks for letting me sleep in your bed. you're the best!!