Thursday, October 05, 2006

If only I was 80

On Monday after visiting a patient at one of my nursing homes, I stopped in at the nursing station to chat and review his chart. While I was leaving the RN station, an older male resident called me over, saying, "honey, come here, come here please." Sometimes residents think I work at the facility or just want to chat about the weather, so I walked over to him. With a big grin on his face, he asked, "You want to give me a kiss?" I started laughing and said, "Not today but thanks for asking!"
On Wednesday, I visited a new patient at another nursing home. As we were talking, he suddenly asked me if I was married. I confessed that I wasn't. Too my surprise, he smiled mischieviously and proposed. He figures he only has a few months left to live and he might as well have fun doing it. I just told him I was flattered.
Who knows what Friday will bring?

1 comment:

kibeebs said...

so that's where all the single men that want to get married are huh? i might have to go get me some of that action...