Thursday, December 28, 2006

From my Christmas card...

Highlights of 2006
-Hiking the Grand Canyon to raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Four months of training prepared me well for a 7 hour hike on the awe-inspiring Kaibab trail.
-Moving to an apartment in Wheaton in May with my great roomie
-Leading a young adult women’s small group Bible study. Such an amazing, fun group of girls! I stepped down from this role because…
-In September I began working with the high school youth group, The ROCK. It’s been great getting to know the girls in my D-group!
-Serving as a hot bridesmaid in 2 close friends’ weddings this summer
-Enjoying another great season with the White Sox. They didn’t make it to the post-season but they still won 90 games and my fave player, Jermaine Dye was a force to be reckoned with!
-Celebrating over a year at CNS Hospice! I love my coworkers and the families I work with. I also started working with grieving children and was asked to potentially be the social worker for a palliative care team for children. I’m excited by this new opportunity!
-Fulfilling my dream to travel to Ireland in November. I fell in love with the country and plan to go back again and again. And again.
-Camping trips, shows, Dinner Club, choir, Believing God study- these are a few more of my favorite things!
-Most important, God has blessed me with an amazing family and incredible friends.
What a phenomenal year! Who knows what 2007 will bring? I have a few thoughts and opinions on that one if God is interesting in listening:)

No comments: