Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Postive: Brooke and I got to sit in the bleachers right behind Brian Anderson. We had fun chatting. Thome and Crede both hit homers.
Negative: We lost to the Twins! So sad, frustrating, maddening, inexplicable! Shape up, boys or we're going to lose our lead!
me, Heather (Jon's wife), and Kelli (Adam's fiancee) who is now bound and determined to set me up with her brother who just got back from Iraq, I'm not sure how I feel about that idea but she seems very happy about it
Me and the boys: Jon, Pat, Adam, and Zack
I managed to get them all out on the dance floor, even Jon. And he was still sober! My aunt told me that I'm the only one who could get him to do that. It's true. There's almost nothing my cousins wouldn't do for me. Let that be a lesson to any guy who breaks my heart- they will hunt you down!
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Something that made me laugh this afternoon. We get text messages from the office throughout the day, usually regarding meeting times or if a patient needs supplies or has died. Here it is: "Pt. XYZ at CDH has expired, Ron was singing to her."
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Monday, July 10, 2006
We tried the Park in Chinatown and Take the Red Line method which went pretty well aside from parking being a little difficult to find in Chinatown on a Sunday afternoon. Nonetheless, after the win we stopped to indulge in bubble tea and then made the trek back to the suburbs. It was a good, albeit long day.
Thursday, July 06, 2006
On a side note, Kelly, Jill, Paul, and I were at the game last night. While I have never had so much trouble finding parking before in my life, we had a great night, the Sox won 4-2 (of course!), JD performed very well, and Paul won my Favorite Person award for his spontaneous decision to join us for the game with only an hour's notice! Thanks to Jill's dad for the tickets- he is just really really ridiculously awesome!
The White Sox have 12 reasons why AJ Pierzynski deserves to go the All Star game. Here are my favorites:
12) Because how can you not vote for a guy who kissed the World Series trophy, a dolphin and Oprah all in the same year?
11) Because of last Saturday's game-winning home run against the Cubs.
10) Because if the American League wants to win, it's smart to have a guy who hits .356 in the late innings and .571 with the bases loaded...and hasn't been on a losing team in five seasons.
9) Because you have to love a guy who names his daughter A.J.
6) Because let's face it: The Sox don't play the Cubs again this season, so if you don't "Punch A.J." now, he might have to wait until next summer.
5) Because he would be the only two-sport star in the game (pro wrestling and baseball).
What are you waiting for? Punch AJ now!
Saturday, July 01, 2006
Eels- Blinking Lights
Gnarls Barkley- St. Elsewhere
India.Arie- Testimony: vol. 1, Life & Relationships
Corinne Bailey Rae- self-titled
Patty Griffin- Flaming Red
Little Big Town- The Road to Here
Death Cab for Cutie- Plans