Thursday, January 11, 2007

Birthday fever

True to form, on Saturday Kibibi, Jill, Becca, and I danced up a storm at The Hangge Uppe. I made some new friends, was well taken care of by a bachelor party (Tequila!), and lived up to my title as Dancing Queen until close to 3 in the morning. I only got 4 hours of sleep but it was SO worth it! It was so much fun and just what I needed. Music to feed the soul. I still have the birthday blues but I'm always amazed by the power music holds over me.
Last night my parents took me out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I had a fabulous steak dinner. My mom happened to mention it was birthday to the waitress, to my chagrin. Are you curious how they celebrate birthdays at TR? Well, they bring out a saddle for you to sit on while the whole restaurant claps and cheers and joins in on a collective yeeha. Needless to say, my mom apologized for quite a while afterward. Another one for the memory book, eh? Anyway, it was good to spend time with them and my mom made her famous angel food cake. Delicious!
Today a few of my favorite coworkers took me out for lunch which was great fun. Tomorrow Erin and I head out to Nashville to visit Tracy for my birthday getaway. Who knows what fun this weekend holds? Or how long I can drag out birthday celebrations?

No comments: