Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New shirts


Friday's game was great for many reasons (those seats are nice!) but mostly because they won! Brooke and I were starting to think that we were cursed; with about 11 more games ahead of us, that would not mean good things for the Sox. However, the curse has been lifted. It could have something to do with the debut of our 2007 shirts. Luckily they were not prophetic as we grabbed the winning run in the bottom of the 9th. We may not have gotten the free hats (curse you Green Line!) but the rain held off until after the game, just another example of how God was smiling on us that night. Random- as Jill and I were getting off the Metra we discovered Todd, a fellow G5Ger who was also at the game, was just one car over. How on earth did we not see each other at Ogilvie?
On Saturday my Grandma was readmitted to the hospital as her condition has backslid again. She started chemo a week early and now we just have to wait and see if she'll bounce back the way she did before. This sucks. The rest of Memorial Day weekend was mostly fun. I karaokeed my heart out Sunday night at Mark's surprise party. It was just the kind of distraction I needed.

5 comments:

the dreamer said...

Nice!!

Apparently, I lent my "I-look-like-Leigh's-sister" disguise to Brooke for the night.

Also, they haven't won since that night. We may need to quit our jobs, travel with them, and wear our t-shirts every day (except off days).

HopefulLSW said...

Awww, Jill you know you will always be my true sister. The shirts are rather lucky...I'm willing to commit to the team if you are. If that even means we have to marry someone on the team, well, so be it. Good thing there are some elligible hotties!

the todd said...

I can't believe we missed each other that night. And I feel some guilt that perhaps had I found you two and sat with you, maybe it would have prevented the losing streak since then. I don't know. It's hard to tell.

mxwp said...

G5G?

HopefulLSW said...

You could be right, Todd. With the proper game feng shui that could have possibly prevented the losing streak. I guess we'll never know...poor, sad bullpen.

(G5G stands for Gate 5 Gang, aka the best White Sox fans ever)