Monday, August 06, 2007

Ernie

Ernie is one of my favorite patients. He is a sweet older gentleman at one of the nursing homes. Last week he suddenly developed an interest in watching Jerry Springer. Since that's what he wanted to do, I had no choice but to watch with him. This may be the only time in my life that I will be able to say that I am glad I watched the disturbing show. AJ Pierzynski was a guest security guard! So random and, yet, it made perfect sense. God bless him.

Today Bert was playing Bunco with 5 other residents and an activity aid. And so, I learned how to play as well. Easy but delightful. I borrowed 2 Frank Lloyd Wright books from the library for Ernie as he is a big fan (don't let my dad know!) and the stories poured out about why he admired the architect and different homes he had been able to visit.

When it was time to leave, Ernie admonished me to drive safe, as always. Who knows what the next visit will bring?

No comments: