Tuesday, October 09, 2007

They went to the chapel and they got married!

With my favorite cousins: Jon, Pat, and the lucky groom Adam

With my favorite cousin's wives: Heather and the lucky bride Kelly

My cousin Adam married his long-time live-in girlfriend Kelly on Saturday. As I told her, it's about time you're an official member of this family! The day was perfect for a wedding and much hotter than anything you would expect in October. Adam asked me to read scripture during the ceremony- the classic 1 Corinthians 13 verses on LOVE. I was really honored to be a part of the wedding. And my reading was apparently so good that Kelly cried! How's that? The reception was a blast as I knew it would be. Joey was the perfect date and we both received many compliments on our dancing abilities. I wrangled my cousins, aunts, uncles, and my coworker Beth (in small world occurrences her husband went to high school with my uncle and they are all good family friends) out on the dance floor as much as possible. I just try to keep the party going. Evidence that my family might be catching on (or giving up hope)- no one asked me when I was going to get married or referenced that I would be "next." Of course, now I will have to fend off all Joey-related inquiries. Apparently it is not possible to be just friends with anyone anymore. But hey, life is good. Adam and Kelly are married. I was looking good Saturday. The Cubs lost. I do extend my sympathy to all Cubs fans but let's face it, I'm looking forward to Wrigley having to update their World Series counter to the grand number of 100. Besides the obvious, can it get any better than this?

With Mom and Dad (they celebrated 29 years of marriage on Sunday!)

3 comments:

derfman said...

you look just like your parents combined... which makes sense. guess no DNA testing is required for you in case you ever go on Maury

HopefulLSW said...

I think you are the only person who has ever said I look like both parents. It is a bit of a relief that I will not have to go on Maury. He creeps me out.

derfman said...

Really? You need to show people that picture again then. Maybe you grew into looking like both of them now that you're an adult. But what do I know. (All you white folk look the same...)