Saturday, December 29, 2007

Collection of Presents

My last posting mentioned some gifts that I'm not a fan of receiving because I feel they lack thought. It's not meant to be a slam against people who give out candles or lotion as gifts. For people who really like those things, those are great ideas! I, however, am particular about my candles and cannot use any bath or body products unless they are completely natural. In the spirit of the season, I'm going to mention some of the best presents I've ever received, in no particular order.

-From my parents, a plane ticket to Spokane, WA to visit my best friend Becca (Christmas 2000/birthday 2001)
-Photo album from Jill with our favorite Sox moments from 2005, plus a card that declared me to be the best Sox fan- finally some recognition! (Birthday 2006)
-Wine accessories from Erin, after she overheard me tell her husband I needed a good wine stopper- sneaky! (Christmas 2007)
-Surprise party thrown by my roommate Michelle and friend Annie sophomore year of college- they even got my crush to come! (Birthday 2000)
-Irish Breakfast tea from Caribou from Dani (Christmas 2007)
-An easel from my brother Matt (Christmas 2005)
-Two Ansel Adams framed prints from my parents for college graduation (2002)
-Canon Rebel camera from my parents- they're pretty good at this! (Christmas 2001)
-Anyone who has ever given me the gift of music (my whole life)

3 comments:

derfman said...

I absolutely hate getting picture frames as gifts. Seriously, why the crap would I want a picture frame? Do I have a family? Do I even have pictures to show? Does anyone ever come over to look at my nonexistent photographs? It is the worst gift ever. Candles and lotion coming in a close second and third. I am not even polite, "this picture frame is a worthless gift and I would rather have gotten a lump of coal. For my birthday I told my friends to pay for my dinner and buy my beers... because I knew any other gift they tried to get me would be crap.

JillKMeier said...

At least derfman isn't bitter.

I'm honored to be on the list!

HopefulLSW said...

Note to self- return the picture frames I bought for Derfman.