Sunday, January 06, 2008

My New Favorite Movie

Last night Jill and I had dinner at Muldoon's and then headed over to Tasting deVine to do a tasting. Unfortunately I had forgotten that they close at 9 so they wouldn't let us do a tasting. However, Marsha, our knowledgeable wine lady, said we could have a glass of wine off the tasting list and then she would give us an extra tasting of something else for the bargain deal of $5. (A tasting of 7 wines is $7 and well worth it.) I had a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and Jill had the Prohibition wine- I don't remember the real name but Marsha told us a back story that involved a lot of acreage being sold after Prohibition. Then I tried the winerita, the wine version of a margarita which was delightful. Jill got to experience the Christmas Red, which is fantastic. We left an hour after the place had closed but we weren't the last people. If you haven't been there, you should definitely go! After dinner and drinks, we were ready to watch a movie. I had heard good things about Once but we were both blown away by how amazing it is! First, it's set in Ireland and we had been to some of the places in Dublin where it was filmed. Of course, that made us want to go back even more! Second, the music is incredible! I have a strong suspicion the soundtrack will be my next obsession. Third, it's just a great, simple story of Boy meets Girl. I highly recommend it!



No comments: