Thursday, February 28, 2008

Making St. Patrick Official

You may or may not have seen the recent Guinness commercial that asks you to sign a petition that will make St. Patrick's Day an official holiday. I wasn't sure if this was for real or not so I did a little digging. Proposition 3-17 is indeed alive and well. I was the 74,583rd signature of the million needed. Click here to sign your name with a mouse- trickier than it sounds but quite fun at the same time. One of the reasons Guinness is pursuing this unique initiative is that "it will allow people to express their Irishness." I love it!

I haven't been able to find the commercial itself online but rest assured, I will post it once it's available. In the meantime, I leave you with thoughts of Irish Eyes which are smiling at the thought of another day off from school and work.

No comments: