Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy birthday Grandma

Tomorrow would be Grandma's 79th birthday. She was in the hospital last year at this time. Mom had to read her birthday cards to her and she did not have enough appetite to even think about birthday cake. The next day she was diagnosed with cancer. I know I've said it many times but it still seems to surreal. Grandpa is having a bunch of family and friends over tomorrow night in honor of Grandma's special day. He is slowly recovering from his surgery and will probably back to 100% just in time for the next surgery.

Today I learned that a friend's 2 year old daughter has leukemia. She has the most common and most curable form and it seems like they have a good plan of attack. My heart goes out to them.

It seems like it's been just one bad thing after another lately. As I drove home from work, I reflected on God's faithfulness. We live in a fallen world and these circumstances reflect that brokenness. God knows the big picture though and He is able to use all things for good (Rom. 8:28). This is comforting to remember. I may not understand why these things happen and I may never know why but God has it all under control. May it be so.

No comments: