Friday, April 18, 2008

More news

I got a phone call early this morning from my best friend's husband that she had to have emergency surgery last night as her fallopian tube had burst from an ectopic pregnancy. He reassured me that she is doing OK but I hate not being able to be there for her. I told him that I'll come down the minute they say go. I was hit really hard with this news and maybe in some ways I overreacted but it's hard hearing that your best friend almost died. I ended up taking the day off of work. It's moments like these that I am convinced that I should move to Nashville after all. But then I think about my own family and struggle with the idea of leaving them.

Grandpa met with his surgeon yesterday and got the good news that they got all the cancer. He'll find out next week if he needs any radiation and the week after that they will schedule his second surgery. That's all positive news!

In other good news, Brooke got us tickets to see Death Cab at Jay Pritzker Pavillion in June. The lawn seats were just $12.50. Sweet!

2 comments:

Beebs said...

is she ok? i was thinking that we could drive down if you wanted. i'd totally drive you down and stay in a hotel or something - for a weekend or week or something. keep me posted.

HopefulLSW said...

She's doing OK, should be released from the hospital today. Erin and I talked about going anyway but we don't want to overwhelm Tracy with people, especially while her family is there. I will definitely keep you posted though. Thanks for the offer! That is why I heart you!