Friday, May 23, 2008

Cheap Gas...Anywhere?

I was quite depressed to be glad that I found gas at $4.07 (corner of Roosevelt and Kirk) this afternoon. When you compare it to $4.27 (corner of Rts. 59 and 64- talk about highway robbery!), $4.07 doesn't seem that bad. It is just sad that we have come to this point. I remember last summer the experts declared it was going to go up to $5 and being shocked and appalled...and then it didn't happen. I think we all breathed a sigh of relief. Now I'm hearing it'll go up to $7 or 8. Say it ain't so!

Since I do a fair amount of driving through DuPage, Kane, Will, and Kendall Counties, I know where the "good" gas stations are. There are web sites that post where the cheapest gas stations are but, generally, when I need to fill my tank up, I'm nowhere near a computer. I'm betting that's true for most of us. Therefore, if you're ever curious about where to go, feel free to give me a call. I might as well put this knowledge to good use. It's too bad we don't have any local candidates offering cheap gas as a campaign stunt. Seriously. It's too bad.

No comments: