Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thoughts

Maybe, just maybe, Lita was right. 12 of my patients have died this month already, which is unusually high. I average about 9-11 deaths per month (and yes, I do track those things because I am a social work nerd.) I can only imagine what will happen in the remaining weeks of May. However, I would like to formally thank my brother Matt for giving me a new nickname in an email- Harbinger of Help. That's why I love my brudder!

It's strange to see Jon Garland in non-White Sox gear. I don't like it. I feel so conflicted about tonight's game. Obviously I want our guys to win but I still have such affection in my heart for Garland. Don't even get me started about the weekend series with the Giants- I can't wait to see my beloved Aaron Rowand! If only I had the power to bring my favorite guys back to the team.

It's been almost a year since I stepped away from all church ministry. I confess I've enjoyed the break. But I know it's time to dive back in. I've been praying about a couple of options so we shall see what happens...

No comments: