Saturday, June 14, 2008

James Taylor

This weekend is shaping up to be a far cry from the fabulousness of last weekend. Last night I had to cancel a dinner date because 1) it hurt when I swallowed 2) my glands were swollen and 3) massive sinus headache. It's been an exhausting week and must have caught up with me. I went to bed early and am feeling much better this morning. Such a disappointing Friday night though! Today I'm on call for work until 8 am tomorrow. I really, really hope I don't get called out! Of course, I hope that every time and sometimes my wish comes true. The real highlight (and perhaps my redemption) will be tomorrow- taking my dad to his first Sox game! Now if only the rain will hold off until after the 9th inning is over.

Last Saturday I saw James Taylor at Ravinia with 5 friends. James was amazing, as always. I got to see him at Rosemont a few years ago so I knew it would be a good show. Ravinia seems to make everything better. It was definitely a relaxed environment and I could almost imagine that James was singing to me in my living room. Obviously I knew I was outside but with an inflatable couch just a few feet away, you can see why one might forget their surroundings for a few moments. We may not have had our own inflatable couch but we still had an impressive picnic spread. Fruit, tons of brie, bread, chicken salad, chocolate, "crack" pretzels, and wine...delicious! Luckily the rain held off during the performance so we could enjoy our feast. I read in a review of James's Friday night show that he did not perform "Fire and Rain" but he did sing it for us! He played all the favorites and some great covers as well. I can't wait until I see him again!
Kibibi, Erin, Linda, Jill, and Annie with our bounty

No comments: