Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jim's Bucket List

I've been doing great work with Jim and Jan, if I do say so myself. Jim and I watched The Bucket List together, leading to some great conversations and inspiring Jim to come up with his very own Bucket List. Jim has led an amazing life but there are still a few adventures left, among them is skydiving! Jim was happy to tell me this morning that we can cross one item off the list- trying caviar. A friend bought him a little jar of black caviar over the weekend. Jim asked me if I'd ever tried it. When I said that I hadn't, Jim asked Jan to bring it out . And so it was at 9:15 this morning, I tried caviar for the first time. I was trying to prepare myself because I am generally not a seafood-lover; however, I do love trying new kinds of food. My take? Caviar is very salty and yet quite enjoyable. I do indeed have expensive taste. I'll be sure to keep you updated as Jim completes more items on his Bucket List. Next week I will help him write his obituary and then we are going to record his memoirs. I can really tell that I'm making a difference here.

No comments: