Thursday, October 16, 2008

Political Food for Thought

Charles Colson asks, "So maybe a particular candidate isn't going to cut your taxes or vote for your favorite program, but the real question is, will he serve all the people, or only the loudest?" Check out the whole article: Voting Like It Matters.

Jim Wallis looks at common ground regarding each candidate's take on abortion during the debate last night. Read the whole article and join the conversation on his blog. I hope we can continue in this positive direction.

Joe the Plumber responds. I personally don't have a problem with a 3% tax increase on those making more than $250,000 but that might be easy for me to say since I will never make that much money! Yes, most people have earned their money (although what about the millionaires that made their money off of others' misfortunes?) but I still feel we have an obligation to help the least of us. Just imagine if the candidates had been talking about Leigh the Social Worker!

Finally, don't forget to FactCheck the debate. I love this website!

2 comments:

Christian Sinclair, MD said...

It is nice to see that someone else likes Fact Check .org I am on the RSS feed and always find it enlightening and fairly neutral.

Rick said...

Great post Leigh.