Saturday, December 27, 2008

Let's eat!

I've been saving up two important recommendations for you all, at least all you who live in DuPage County.

First, we have Honey in Glen Ellyn. My friend Jillian and I go at least once a month for cupcakes and pressed tea. Such a wonderful after work treat! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven after eating a tiramisu cupcake! They have "bar" seating by the window so we can people watch while we chat. We're also able to stay near these treats:
Venture back into the rest of the restaurant for a sit down meal. I've been there for breakfast and dinner and have been very impressed. Try the Chicken Caprese sandwich or the Breakfast Burrito, depending on the time of day you go. The house potatoes and fries have this amazing rosemary rub! The ingredients are fresh so don't be surprised if they've run out of what you want by the end of the day. They also have take-home food at the front (near the cupcakes) in case you don't feel like cooking after work. The staff are always friendly and ready with a recommendation of their own. I feel very strongly about supporting our local establishments so I hope Honey will be with us for quite some time. Hint, hint.

Secondly, my high praise goes to Jason's Deli in Naperville. (There are various franchises across the country so you might luck out here!) I am obsessed with the Turkey Muffaletta sandwich and confess that I often have cravings if I go for too long without eating one. They have a great Quarter Muff Manager Special where you add a cup of soup for a grand total of $6.99. There's a great soup and sandwich selection, although I have not ventured far from the muffalettas. Like Honey, Jason's Deli strives to serve healthier food- they're free of artificial trans fats, MSG, and high fructose corn syrup. A nice JD perk is free soft-serve ice cream for all customers.
Happy eating!

1 comment:

jrichesin said...

And whether we go for breakfast or a petit dessert snack its always good. :)