Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dream Foundation

You may remember that a couple of months ago I was looking for a wish granting organization to help one of my patient's get back to Arizona one last time before he dies. Fairygodmother Foundation is no more so I went through the Dream Foundation. I am happy to announce that DF is granting this wish! The application process was very smooth and I heard back from them within a few weeks of mailing it off. Definitely a resource we should all be taking advantage of! We're working on the medical authorizations right now and hopefully they'll be able to start planning the trip soon! The patient and his wife are quite anxious to go, especially as he is starting to further decline. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on how this dream is realized.

1 comment:

T. J. said...

That is wonderful news! Great work, Leigh.

-Ms. T. J.