Monday, September 21, 2009

ADEC certification

I received official word that ADEC (Association for Death Education and Counseling) has approved me to take the Thanatology exam. You may remember that I am starting to look at transitioning to bereavement and this certification is the next step. The test will be November 7. They sent me a study guide and recommended a few tomes. As I would prefer to pass this test the first try, I started reading Death & Dying, Life & Living on the plane to and from Nashville (finally a vacation!); it's a good overview of the palliative and hospice world and appears to be a wealth of information so far. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Christian Sinclair, MD said...

Congrats Leigh! Study hard. Will you be coming to Kansas City for the conference in the Spring?

If so give me a buzz!

Like the new background by the way.

LeighSW said...

Thanks, Christian. I haven't thought that far ahead. I'll definitely let you know if I can make it to the conference.

Donna said...

Hey Leigh! So glad you have been approved to take the Thanatology exam. Praying for your studies!
Let me know how it goes. -donna