Friday, March 19, 2010

Hope and Empowerment Event

I learned about this fantastic event earlier this week but haven't been around to post anything since my explosion of posts on Tuesday. It's either fast or famine with me, apparently. If you're near Indianapolis this weekend, consider attending Hope and Empowerment, a free event through the Henry Tucker Foundation for those affected by pediatric cancer. Tonight features an early screening of the movie "Letters to God" which opens April 9. I hadn't heard of the movie yet but it sounds fantastic. It's about a young boy with cancer who writes daily letters to his penpal, God. A postman comes across the letters and, not knowing what to do, befriends the family and tries to figure out how he should respond. "Inspired by a true story, Letters to God is an intimate, moving and often funny story about the galvanizing effect one child’s belief can have on his family, friends and community." There's a host of great speakers filling up the rest of the weekend. I wish I could go myself but it's my best friend's 30th birthday so, as one who has gone before her, it is my duty to help her break it in.

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

Thank you for posting this. I came away from the Event deeply and truly inspired.