Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Next Chapter

I am so excited to let you all know that I've been offered a pediatric social worker position!  My focus will be on children with brain tumors and sickle cell disease.  When I first decided to go into social work, I envisioned myself working with terminally ill children.  Then I landed in hospice and loved it.  The desire to work with children never quite went away.  I can't wait to be a part of the oncology and hematology departments and offer support to the children and families who require their services.  I am still marveling that God has brought me this far and that I will soon start my dream job!  I have a few weeks before I start work so I will be catching up on all my hospice/bereavement/end of life posts in the meantime. And once I've settled a bit into my new role, I plan to become a hospice volunteer because I could never fully leave end of life care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Don't you just love it when a plan works out? I have a feeling you'll still be doing end of life care in your new job.

karen gerstenberger said...

I'm SO happy for you and your patients! Thank you for sharing this news, and God bless you and those with whom you will walk.
Really, you have just given me such joy and hope today.

Eric Widera said...

Congratulations. You're still going to blog, right?

Anonymous said...

You must join AOSW. It's a great resource for oncology soical workers. Good Luck.

LeighSW said...

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, Eric, I will continue blogging my way through the children's hospital. I can't stop now:)