Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Busy

Today was a magical day. After morning rounds, I had Sickle Cell clinic and a few in-patients. I was running around clinic, starting with one patient and then getting tagged to see the next, in the meantime fielding calls from the in-patient side. By afternoon, I hadn't eaten lunch and I could hardly remember who I'd charted on or what I'd done that morning. I didn't care. It felt amazing to be listening, helping, and learning about the families I'll be working with for however long. I still have so much to learn but I've got the basics down. I can honestly say I love my job!

I know in a few weeks, I'll be irritable about not having time to eat or chart. Right now, it feels good to be used by staff. I think I'm a bit more proactive than my predecessor but I realize I'm still figuring out the ebb and flow of my service so perhaps I have the time to be more proactive. In any case, I've been getting good feedback from everyone. The next few days promise to be equally busy. And you know? I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Blaze Smith said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and I admire your positive attitude and passion for your job. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too. *hugs*