Monday, July 26, 2010

Specialty

There have been a couple of cases of consanguinity today. Yes, I'm talking about patient's parents being related to each other. When I read the history of a second case and saw the parents were first cousins, I couldn't help but wonder about the odds. Then my officemate said maybe consanguinity would be my specialty, the way she's the go-to person for transportation and the other social worker in our division is the go-to for sperm-banking. I told her it would be nice to have a specialty but I would prefer not to be known as the consanguinity expert. But seriously, what are the odds of having two cases so close together?

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

WOW! I've never met anyone who was that closely related to his/her spouse. And for you to be caring for two at once is just amazing odds.