Monday, September 27, 2010

Blogging Business

You may have noticed I'm not posting as frequently as I did before. There's a few reasons behind that.

First, my new employer has much stricter guidelines regarding social media. I really, really don't want to share a patient story that could be in any way tracked back to me or to my work. While I have some great stories I'd like to share, I'm just not comfortable quite yet. I'm hoping the longer I work there and the more pains I take to remain confidential/anonymous, the more open I'll be able to be.

Second, I don't have as much time. I have another blog and I've been doing more with that since friends and family like to check up on my new life. Also, when I'm writing there, I can write about whatever I want and not worry about breaching confidentiality! There's just a lot going on here and I have to be more choosy on how I spend my time.

Third, it used to be that I just had a hospice and bereavement scope. Now I have a pediatric, neuro-oncology, sickle cell, hematology, etc. scope. It's so broad and I'm not sure what you all want to hear about! There is so much I could write about for any one of those categories. As I've been learning at work, I've been trying to jot down notes of what might be useful to my Confessions following. If there's anything you'd like to know more about, please let me know.

Fourth, I don't want to lose sight of the fact that I am indeed a social worker! I can't just write about sickle cell and death and bereavement work. I need to write more about what it means to be a social worker and what my role is within my division at work. Since I'm still learning what that entails, you can expect that I'll be posting about it at some point.

Fifth, I think that I'll continue to post once or twice a week, possibly more depending on what I have going on and what topics are of note. I check the email connected to this blog about once a week so if I don't respond right away, please be patient. I'm sure the balance between work, play, and blogging will arrive sooner or later.

Thanks as always for reading!

No comments: